Simple Things to Try Before Calling for Service
You can always count on your Bryant dealer for help and service. But here are a few simple things to try before scheduling a dealer visit to your home:
1. Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the “cool” position.
2. Ensure that your outdoor air conditioning (condensing unit) is running.
– Check the circuit breakers in the circuit breaker box (or electrical panel), most likely mounted to an outside wall in the back of the house. Make sure they are all in the “ON” position.
– Check the outdoor unit “disconnect switch” to make sure it is in the “ON” position. The disconnect switch is located near the outdoor unit. (Normally a grey 8″ wide x 16″ high x 4″ deep box mounted to the wall).
3. Ensure that the blower motor in your furnace is running. (If the thermostat is in the “cool” position, the furnace blower should be running.)
– If not, check to make sure the on/off switch at the furnace is in the “ON” position.
4. Be sure that you have changed your filter in the furnace recently.
– An extremely blocked filter can cause your outdoor air conditioner unit to shut down due to lack of proper airflow.
5. Check all return air grilles to make sure they are not blocked by furniture.
– Furniture should be moved at least four inches away from return air grilles to allow for adequate air supply.